Shout Factory is back and doing what they do best. This time it’s the cult classic Matinee that’s getting the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray treatment. John Goodman (Roseanne, 10 Cloverfield Lane) is at his uproarious best as the William Castle-inspired movie promoter Lawrence Woolsey, who brings his unique brand of flashy showmanship to the unsuspecting residents of Key West, Florida.
TV Guide calls it “… an affectionate homage to the ‘creature features’ of the ’50s and ’60s.” What can we say? It’s a bloody good time!
Check out the trailer and details below…
It’s 1962, and fifteen-year-old fan Gene Loomis (Simone Fenton) can’t wait for the arrival of Woolsey, who is in town to promote his latest offering of atomic power gone berserk, Mant! But the absurd vision of Woolsey’s tale takes on a sudden urgency as the Cuban Missile Crises places the real threat of atomic horror just 90 miles off the coast. With the help of Woolsey’s leading lady, Ruth (Cathy Moriarty), the master showman gives Key West a premiere they’ll never forget. Anything can happen in the movies, and everything does in this hilarious tribute to a more innocent (and outrageous) time in American cinema.
As with previous Shout Factory releases, if you order from ShoutFactory.com you get a free 18″ X 24″ poster. The poster features all new artwork and is available while supplies last. Also get it shipped two weeks earlier than the street date: January 9, 2018!
Here’s what the cover artwork looks like…
Matinee Bonus Features Include
- NEW Master Of The Matinee – An Interview With Director Joe Dante
- NEW The Leading Lady – An Interview with Cathy Moriarty
- MANT! – The Full Length Version Of The Film With Introduction By Joe Dante
- NEW MANTastic! The Making Of A Mant
- NEW Out Of The Bunker – An Interview With Actress Lisa Jakub
- Behind The Scenes Footage Courtesy Of Joe Dante
- NEW Making A Monster Theatre – An Interview With Production Designer Steven Legler
- NEW The Monster Mix – An Interview With Editor Marshall Harvey
- Deleted And Extended Scenes Sourced From Joe Dante’s Workprint
- NEW Lights! Camera! Reunion! – An Interview With Director Of Photography John Hora
- Paranoia In Ant Vision – Joe Dante Discusses The Making Of The Film
- Vintage Making Of Featurette
- Still Galleries
- Theatrical Trailer
Awesome! It’s been a while since I last saw this one. Ages, in fact. I may have to pick this up when it comes out in January!
What do you think? Any Matinee fans out there? Tell us in the comments!